- roots test Tuesday (Roots 18)
- Study Roots 16-18 each night this week, being sure they are written in the composition notebook
- We will continue testing all 50 states each Tuesday, so please encourage your student to study these each night after their Roots
- We will continue our studies with the U.S. Constitution
- Students will be tested on the 10 Amendments each Friday
- We will work on Chapter 12 in our History workbook
- film, Mama Flora’s Family, which aligns well to our finished novel
· Students have a roots test every Tuesday. Study Roots 16 each night this week, writing them in the composition notebook.
· We will continue testing all 50 states each Tuesday, so please encourage your student to study these each night after their Roots.
· We also will continue our studies with the U.S. Constitution.
· We will work in the workbook; chapter 10 this week.
· Students will be tested on the 10 Amendments each Friday.
· We will also continue our in-class novel; The Glory Field, by Walter Dean Meyers. This is also available on audiobook. Our focus will be figurative language. We will not read the entire book, but rather a few sections that will follow generations of a family, covering colonial slavery beginning in 1753, plantation life in 1864, and growing up in 1964. Packets are handed out this week and are expected to be completed on time. An updated packet is on my webpage under assignments.
This is just the overview of what we are covering each week. Students and parents are encouraged to ask questions if class is missed or if there needs to be clarification on anything.