· We will continue testing all 50 states each Tuesday, so please encourage your student to study these each night after their Roots.
· We also will continue our studies with the U.S. Constitution.
· We will work in the workbook; chapter 10 this week.
· Students will be tested on the 10 Amendments each Friday.
· We will also continue our in-class novel; The Glory Field, by Walter Dean Meyers. This is also available on audiobook. Our focus will be figurative language. We will not read the entire book, but rather a few sections that will follow generations of a family, covering colonial slavery beginning in 1753, plantation life in 1864, and growing up in 1964. Packets are handed out this week and are expected to be completed on time. An updated packet is on my webpage under assignments.