- Students have a roots test every Tuesday. Study Roots 13, then Roots 14 each night this week, writing them in the composition notebook.
- We will continue testing all 50 states each Tuesday, so please encourage your student to study these each night after their Roots.
- We have begun the road to the Constitution. We will work in the workbook; chapters 8 and 9 this week.
- Students will be asked to begin studying the first ten amendments to the Constitution; otherwise known as the Bill of Rights. They will be tested on these each Friday, beginning next week.
- We will also be introduced to our next in-class novel; The Glory Field, by Walter Dean Meyers. This is also available on audiobook. We will not read the entire book, but rather a few sections that will follow generations of a family, covering colonial slavery beginning in 1753, plantation life in 1864, and growing up in 1964.
This is just the overview of what we are covering each week. Students and parents are encouraged to ask questions if class is missed or if there needs to be clarification on anything.